COVID-19: I am offering a range of remote/online support options. Please get in touch to find out how I can help you.
My role as a Doula UK recognised postnatal doula is to support you while you discover the mother you wish to be.
- Would you like some guidance in baby care and understanding your baby’s cues?
- Are you unsure about what ‘normal’ newborn behaviour is and would like someone to point you in the direction of evidence based information so you can make decisions based on fact rather than other people’s differing opinions?
- Do you lack hands on support due to family not living locally and friends who are either working or busy looking after their own children?
- If your baby is already here and you feel you’re struggling more than you expected to? Is every day another day to get through and you want to enjoy your baby more than you are?
- Do you feel tearful and could do with a kind ear to listen and someone to reassure you?
- Are you sleep-deprived and would love someone you trust to look after your baby for a few hours so you can lie down and rest?
- Does everyone around you seem to have an opinion about feeding, sleeping and caring for your baby, but you want to find the way that’s right for you and your family?
- Is this your second or subsequent baby and you feel torn between the needs of your newborn and older child/children and you haven’t even had a chance to think about looking after yourself?
I am available for sessions of 3-5 hours, for the number of days/weeks that you require. I am also happy to do one-off or adhoc sessions.
Tasks I can help with include:
- Listening to your birth story and helping you make sense of it if necessary.
- Being a non-judgmental listening ear at what can often be a tiring and emotional time.
- Supporting with infant feeding – whether you are feeding by breast, with formula or a combination of the two. I am able to signpost you to specialists if you need more qualified help than I can provide.
- Looking after your baby so you can have a shower, go for a walk or just have some time to yourself.
- Helping out with older siblings.
- Light housework such as laundry, washing-up and general tidying.
- Preparing snacks and making cups of tea.
- Going shopping for anything you might need.
- Accompanying you to appointments for moral support or an extra pair of hands.
Fee: £22 per hour, reduced to £20 for bookings of 20+ hours (inclusive of travel expenses)